If you are feeling down, a little depressed about things in your life, why not try to forget all of that for a few minutes today. And make someone happy and smile!
It is common knowledge that if you make someone else smile and feel good about themselves then you will also feel good about yourself. So why not try and put a smile on someone else’s face for a change?
Random acts of kindness are contagious, it doesn’t have to be someone you know. It can be a complete stranger that you think might need a smile to make their day a little better. Or you might notice someone at work who is having a bad day, look around there will be at least one person that you can find that you can make a smile.
So if you are the type of person that always relies on someone else to make you happy. Here are a few little things that you can do to make someone else’s day that little bit better, and who knows you may even make yourself feel good about being YOU as well!
Ways To Make Someone Happy Today
- Send some flowers to your partner or even a friend at work.
- Make a donation to a charity; it doesn’t have to be money.
- Take someone out to lunch.
- Let someone know you are thinking about them, and are missing them.
- Make a phone call to your partner, or relative just to say hi at work Hold a door open for someone walking behind you
- Make someone laugh by telling a joke that you may have heard. Look them up on the internet if you don’t know any!
- Tell your children or partner or anyone else that you care about that you are proud of them.
- Send a card to a friend letting them know what a good friend they are.
- Offer to get a friend something they need if you are out shopping.
- Spend the day with your children, or niece or nephews just having fun.
- Leave a note on your partner’s pillow saying that you love them.
- Tell someone you thought about them the other day.
- Ask your parents over to dinner and tell them to thank you for being there for you all those years.
- Offer to look after someone else’s children so they can have a night out.
- Take someone out to the movies
- Bake cookies for everyone at work, or if you can’t bake, buy donuts or cookies.
Most of all don’t forget to just smile yourself. As smiling is contagious, if you’re looking happy, there are chances that the world around you will catch your disease.